Pages

Friday, October 21, 2016

Keep Calm

I'm not going to lie, this week was rough. I had a two day migraine. Work is busy. Life is busy and if I see one more political post on Facebook, I may lose my faith in humanity. I want to blow this print up as big as the wall and plaster it across my bedroom. In a day and age where it is really easy to voice an opinion, staying calm and silent is a lot harder. I've tried to be really calm and measured during this election cycle, but today I seem to be failing at it. I honestly really don't care that much about the election or the drama around it. It just makes me sad to see so many people whipped up into a frenzy. I told a friend the other day that I wish we could take a do-over. Let's just skip this election cycle. We won't pick a president and then we will all reconvene in four years. I think a lot of people just need a chance to sleep off all of their emotions. In college, I used to say that if it was past 11 o'clock at night, I didn't need to be discussing anything important or philosophical because I was too tired to be rational. It's past 11 o'clock, America. Go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment