Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

Work, Work, Work

This week has been C-R-A-Z-Y, work wise. Things are ramping up in a good way but it has led to a rather hectic schedule. I am happy to be busy doing things that matter and actually moving the needle at work. There is nothing more annoying (to me) than busy work. I like stuff that makes a difference on the bottom line. With all the extra time spent at work, I am a little behind here at home. The laundry machine is currently humming away, and the floor really needs a good scrubbing. One thing that I have learned about myself through this whole part time working/part time being home experiment is that I like I both enough to enjoy being busy. I really like staying home and doing homemaker type things. I really like working and doing stuff at the office. I love that right now I am able to do both but if at some point I have to quit work to stay home with kids, I am going to be ok with that. For the longest time, I dreaded the idea of being a stay-at home mom. I thought it would be incredibly lame and boring. I had a really narrow view of women who stayed at home and frankly, it wasn't the most biblical view. These past few months, I have really been trying recalibrate my thinking toward a more biblical based view of motherhood and remove the false ideas that were based on worldly presuppositions. I am definitely not done. I have a lot of thinking to do but I can already see progress. I am much more at peace and a lot more content, no matter what I am doing.

I guess I better get back to trying to have it all! (30 Rock/Liz Lemon/Tina Fey reference. CHECK IT OUT ON NETFLIX!)

No comments:

Post a Comment