Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Progress

(taken by yours truly at the Sugar Mill Botanical Gardens)

The year is more than a quarter over. Um, wow. Does it feel like January was yesterday to anyone else? No, just me? Anyways, this year is going fast. I wanted to come back and do a little recap of some of the goals I mentioned back in the beginning of the year. 

1. Emergency fund: We are almost done! We adjusted our number based on some work projections and a decrease our uncertainty level. I had padded the six month number but things are looking good so I don't think we will need the extra cushion. We should be done next week. It is going to be such an amazing feeling to knock such a big goal off the list. I am really excited. Since we are following the Total Money Makeover, finishing up our emergency fund means we get to move onto Baby Steps 4, 5 and 6. If you are unfamiliar with the steps, check out the link. I am a big list/plan maker and this plan has been great for us so far. 

2. Physical fitness goals: I am so excited about this one! I have done so much better than I ever thought I could. I have been consistently working for the last four months. I have noticed some big changes in my energy levels and overall physical fitness. Marking off each day that I workout on my calendar has been the perfect little "win" to keep me motivated. I want to start increasing the intensity of the workouts as well as being more intentional with my diet. We eat fairly well but I know that I can make some adjustments in this area. Increasing the intensity of the workouts and being more intentional about my nutrition should make a big difference in the results I am seeing. 

Thanks for letting me share my progress! I am mulling over some new goals and hopefully will be posting those soon. 

Did you set some goals this year? How are you doing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment