Pages

Friday, April 15, 2016

Spinning Wheels

Why, hello there! Long time no see. That is my bad. When life gets busy some things fall through the cracks. Sadly, blogging has to play second fiddle to things like work deadlines and cooking. #priorities
I have missed you though! I listened to a great podcast last week that encouraged me to get back here. Seth Godin was being interviewed and he highly encouraged everyone to write a blog as a creative exercise. Hopefully, I will stick with it a little longer this time.
Sadly, the reality of life is that there are going to be times when I just can't make the time to write. It's one of those "you can do anything but not everything" moments. I have to keep my priorities straight. Blogging is something I do for fun. Just for me to express myself and connect a little with the world. When life gets busy, those "just for me" things have to be the first to go. There just is not enough time to fit it all those little things in.
I am working to get to more efficient at budgeting my time. When you budget money, you start with the four main things: food, shelter, lights/water, and transportation. You make sure that your cover all the bare necessities so that you don't end up out on the street. After those four items are taken care of, you move on to the items that not as essential but still important, like clothing and saving. Lastly, if you have money leftover, you look at buying something that is just a want, like a latte. That is how I am trying to view my time. It is the most precious resource I have, but I am not nearly as concerned with how I spend it as I am my paycheck. Am I making my time work for me? And I am essentially "impulse spending" it but checking Instagram notifications? Are there better ways of investing it? All these questions force me to evaluate time like the asset it is. I only have so much. I don't want to waste it.

Do you manage time well? Do you feel like you keep spinning your wheels when it comes to time managements?

No comments:

Post a Comment