Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Twinkle Lights




I really wanted to attempt some manual photography with our Christmas tree this year. I am sure you all have seen the enviable, glowing tree pictures that fill up your feeds this time of year. I wanted to test the waters of completely manual shooting and capture some cozy pictures. I liked how they turned out. I may try again and see if I can brighten them up a little. I used this picture and settings as my guide. My lens' f-stop will not go as low as the directions suggest, so that may have been the problem. I will probably play around with it some more.
Each time I try out something new with my, I realize how much I really do enjoy learning about photography. It is so exciting to create something pretty and know that you did it. I also really like knowing that I am learning. I am was one of those weird people who loved going to class and was actually kind of bummed when I graduated because I knew I was not going to be learning something new everyday. Adding a creative hobby, like photography, where I am a total novice has filled that gaining knowledge void. It just gives me such joy to play around and learn new things.

What gives you joy? What hobbies or activities really spark your interest?

No comments:

Post a Comment