Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Surviving Sickness

(a photo from last Thanksgiving, actually)
If you're reading this it is Tuesday, but while I am typing this, it is Monday. Yes, I take full advantage of the schedule feature every once in a while. Currently (Monday afternoon), I am at home cocooned in blankets on the couch, battling a fierce cold. I should have seen it coming. On Sunday, I noticed that I was a little more tired than usual but I brushed it off on account of the extra wake up calls I was having because of Baby's teething. Then, by late afternoon, my throat starting hurting and before I knew it my whole head was congested. It was a really rough night between the crying baby and the stuffy nose. I knew there was no way I was going to make it to work and I didn't want to spread the germs around. I am a firm believer in the quarantine method. If you are sick, for the good of all, stay home and cloister yourself off. Limit your exposure as much as you can. It may be a tad dramatic but it works. 
I have set up my sickness command center on the couch. I have a steady stream of hot tea brewing, sweetened with lots of honey. There is a mountain of blankets ready to help sweat out the fever. To top it if, I am methodically going through all the Harry Potter movies. There is nothing better than a little Hogwarts magic when you're feeling crummy. Lady Pup has been keeping me company and, amazingly, Baby has been in a great mood. It is days like today that I am extremely thankful he take nice long naps. 
I need to go take my vitamins and check on my chicken. Before I laid down, while the caffeine from my morning coffee was holding me up, I started a chicken in the crockpot. Hopefully, Scott will help me put some chicken soup together this evening. There is nothing like a nice broth based soup when you have a sore throat. 
I can feel the chills coming back so I better wrap this up before it stops making sense. 
Hope everyone is doing well and feeling better than me!

What are you're go-to sickness rituals? Do you swear by a certain remedy or routine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment