Pages

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Bangs



BANGS, guys.  Bangs. For those who do not know or do not remember, I had a bad case of horrible bangs for most of my life. Well, I think they were horrible. I am sure they were not THAT bad but I swore for the longest time that I would never have anything that resembled straight across bangs again. I have to eat my words because the bangs are back. They are not as heavy or blunt as my tween/early teen ones were but they are much more pronounced than anything I have had in years. It has been an adjustment. It seems like a superficial thing to say. How much can a haircut matter? I do not know if it is a girl thing or maybe it is just me, but my relationship with my hair has always been a bit of a struggle. I think it is because I am not very confident when it comes to styling it. For a long time, I hated the fact that I never could get my hair to look like I wanted it. I have photos from past events that I do not care to look at because my hair bothers me so much. Is that not horrible? How does one get past this? Well, I think a lot of it has to do with maturity. Not sweating the small stuff. I am definitely not there yet but I can see the growth. Getting bangs is a sign that I growing a little. I usually do not like to rock the boat too much when it comes to my hair (other when I dyed part of  it pink.) But you, what? It is just hair! At worst, I have a week or so of really bad hair days. It will always grow. This is just another area I have to release from the control of perfectionism. That is what it is truly about. The need to control and manage everything to compensate for a lack of confidence.
So yeah, bangs. I am still getting used them but I like them. Still, styling tips are appreciated!

Do you have a love/hate relationship with your hair? How do you feel about bangs? What products do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment