Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thanksgiving Meal Prep

(via pinterest)
What to bring to Thanksgiving? The age old question. We celebrate with my husband's family since we live close to them. Usually it's a mixed bunch of extended family and close friends. It is always a lot of fun and there is always a ton of food. I am not the greatest cook in the world. Instead of bringing something, I usually opt to help prep dishes (I am a great sous chef.) However, I really want to start contributing to the spread. When I do contribute to pot luck style meals, be it at family get togethers or church events, I try to be the healthy/healthier option. There will be plenty of good, Southern food, this is Georgia, so it's nice to bring a little variety to the table. For this year's Thanksgiving, I am really wanting to do something like this. Maybe I am just a sucker for good food photography but doesn't that spread look sumptuous? I could eat the entire thing by myself, easily. It might be nice appetizer sort dish while the rest of the food is being prepped and setup. It would be a good excuse to buy a nice cheese board. 
I guess I'll back to salivating.

1 comment:

  1. I tried having a cheese board filled with wonderful snacks and cheese. It was the first time I've ever done it and my family absolutely enjoyed it! I had a much smaller once since there's only 5 people in my family. You can't go wrong with cheese and crackers! There's always room for this!

    http://adventuresofmsabby.com

    ReplyDelete