Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

It's The Little Things

I think the reason I love the changing seasons is the opportunity to appreciate different things. I was driving home the other day, listening to my podcasts, not really focussing on the scenery per say, when all of a sudden the colors of the trees just hit me. It was slightly foggy and gray which gave the little wooded area a solemn Brontesquefeel. The scene felt more special than just a piece of woods outside of my subdivision. There was some sort magic about it.
Every season has those little magical moments. The first snow of the winter, flowers blooming in the spring, the vibrant blue sky of summer, and the multicolored leaves of fall. Often, I find myself on autopilot, not paying enough attention to the little things or giving myself time to "stop and smell the roses." But every once in a while, when something like a pretty leaf captures my attention, all of the specialness and beauty rushes to the forefront of my mind. I don't think it is possible to be aware of it all the time. Life is hectic and there is no way around that. It's just important to not let those special moments become few and far between. So go outside and look for pretty leaves, guys. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment