Pages

Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Wrap Up

(sunset from my instagram)

Happy Friday! Any exciting plans going into this Labor Day weekend? I am frantically cleaning so that our guests do not have stay in an incredibly messy home. I am not great about staying on top of housework. I am getting better but it is still a struggle.
Here are things that going on right now.

1. Podcasts: I am really getting podcasts. I do not why it has taken me so long. It is great to have something to listen to while I am working around the house and taking care of baby. Currently, I am loving Mom Jeans and Dad Jokes and Fighting for the Faith.
Mom Jeans and Dad Jokes is a "blogcast" brought to us by Indiana Adams, of Adored Austin/Indiana Elsewhere fame, and her husband Chris. It is a great light-hearted take on family and pop culture.
Fighting for the Faith is a podcast that focuses on biblical discernment. My dad recommended it to me.  It may be a little heady at first but it is an amazing resource for the Christian who is looking to sharpen their critical thinking skills.
If you have any podcasts suggestions, please let me know! I would love some good recommendations.

2. Pre-returning to work nervousness: Yep, I am going back to work this coming week. I will be working part time and taking the little guy with me. I am incredibly nervous that he will not nap well and I will not be able to get my work done. Thankfully, it is a family business so there is a lot of flexibility. I know that I am going to have to take it one day at a time. I just want to prepared and on top of it from the get go. Wishful thinking, right?

3. Meal Planning: Going a long with the whole the previous point, I am trying to set myself up for success but taking another stab at meal planning. I have never been too successful at finding a meal planning routine. Any advice here? Any working moms, dads, adults etc. who have this part of their life down? I am open to all kinds of suggestions.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment