Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Back to Work

The irony is that I am currently at home writing this post. I guess that is what happens when your three month old gets his first cold.
Yes, I have gone back to work. It is very much a part time thing but it feels like a big step at getting back into the "normal" routine of life. Not that staying at home with a child is not normal. It was just something I knew that I would not be doing.
I work at the family's business doing back office work. I answer emails, create sales orders, invoice customers, handles commissions, fix small IT related problems, purchase supplies and inventory etc. It is not incredibly hard or important stuff but it is the little things that keep the cogs turning. I was very nervous about returning. How would I feel about leaving/bringing baby? Would I be able to focus with him there? How am I going to work, take care of a child, and run a household? Many of these questions remain unanswered. I am far from having a handle on the situation. My to do list still feels like an insurmountable obstacle. But I am taking each day at a time and just trying to put one foot in front of the other. (anyone remember that song from "Santa Claus is Coming to Town?") Maybe in a fews weeks, months, years I will have some answers. When that happens I will definitely write about it.
For now all I can say is that I am glad to be back at work. It still is very crazy but I know that I will eventually be able to handle everything. This is the least crazy my life is ever going to be. I just have to take it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment